I’ve been securing, operating and building computer systems for about 15 years. This includes writing programs. I started out as an IT auditor and system administrator, later moved to DevOps and security engineering. I’ve also managed projects and teams.
Sr. Security Engineer at Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net [2017 - present]
- Building security products (WAF, SIEM).
- Developing programs and scripts using Go, Bash and Python.
- Maintaining Ansible playbooks, Kubernetes manifests and CI/CD pipelines.
- Operating systems in private (and public) cloud the DevOps way.
- Managing projects and team.
Security Engineer at First Data [2016 - 2017]
- Did full-stack administration of a large log management solution based on Splunk, syslog-ng, Linux.
- Implemented a monitoring system using Python, Perl and Bash.
- Implemented a testing environment using VirtualBox, Vagrant, Ansible.
Sr. Linux Systems Specialist at Eset [2015 - 2016]
- Administered Linux (Debian/Ubuntu) servers and services running on top of them (e.g. MySQL, Postfix).
- Introduced a configuration management tool (Ansible) and some other DevOps patterns like infrastructure as code, automated testing.
System and Network Administrator at Institute of Science and Technology Austria [2013 - 2015]
- Took care of Linux based infrastructure (email system, web servers, file servers, DNS) and networking.
- Built tools and automated tasks via Perl, Bash and Ansible.
- Wrote software for monitoring backups and virtual machines using MySQL and Perl Dancer.
- Started to migrate monitoring system from Nagios to clustered Icinga2 setup.
System Administrator at Kedros [2009 - 2011]
- Administered internal Linux (Debian) based infrastructure.
- Setup and maintained testing environments (Solaris, RHEL, Tomcat, Oracle) in collaboration with developers and testers.
- Wrote automation scripts in Unix shell and Perl.
- Managed projects’ deliverables.
IT Auditor at Slovak Telekom [2004 - 2006, 2011 - 2013]
- Performed audits in IT, networking and IT security areas (e.g. Internet facing applications security, PKI review, Security of remote access, Patch management and vulnerability assessment).
- Administered internal lab consisting of Linux servers and Cisco networking devices.
- Managed small (up to 4 people) audit teams.
Operating systems: Linux (Ubuntu/Debian), Kubernetes
Natural languages: English, Italian, Slovak/Czech
Security and networking: general concepts and tools
CKAD: Certified Kubernetes Application Developer [2021 - 2024]
CCENT: Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician [2013 - 2016]
LPIC-2: Linux Professional Institute Certification - Advanced Level Administration [2012 - 2017]
CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional [2011 - 2014]
CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate [2006 - 2009]
Cisco Networking Academy: networking and telecommunications, four semesters [2005 - 2006]
Università degli Studi di Firenze: economics and IT, one semester 
University of Economics [1998 - 2004]
Bilingual (Slovak - Italian) high school [1993 - 1998]