Quantum computing (as of 2020)
- began in 1980s
- operates on principles of quantum physics rather than the limitations of circuits and electricity
- it could one day achieve things that classical computing can’t
- it has the potential to unravel [rozmotať] decades of work put into crypto algorithms and standards we use today
- everything that’s encrypted with today’s PK crypto can be decrypted with tomorrow’s quantum computers
- it might take 10 to 15 years
Bottom line: we need to work on post-quantum security.